A quick recipe for baked fries. I am not sure if this is healthier than regular fries, probably not in terms of calories, but at least you can control the salt and oil intake. These can be served as a side, or as a vegetarian meal.
What you will need:
- Green onions
- White onion
- Red pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Vegetable (or olive) oil
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Cut, dice, and slice everything
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and grease with vegetable oil
- Lay potatoes flat in one layer on a cookie sheet and send to oven to bake 25-30 mins
- In the meantime, sauté mushrooms, white onion, and red pepper all separately
- Add the above ingredients + cheese, green onions, and thyme over potatoes and bake another 5 minutes
Voila! Super simple. You can always save time (and tears) by buying chopped onions and mushrooms.